Garli is a serene, elegant, photogenic hamlet waiting to be discovered, surrounded by a wondrous atmosphere, strategic location and decent weather all year around.
- For the piously inclined a plethora of temples-Chintpurni, Jwalaji, Baglamukhi, Maha Kaleshwar, Baba Balaknath, Baijnath, Kangra Devi and more-all within easy driving distance.
- For the Heritage enthusiasts stately buildings, absorbing stories, and evidence of the founding fathers foresight will manifest themselves. The 8th Century Masroor Rock Temple,
4th Century Kangra Fort Dharamshala, McLoedganj could be other options.
- For nature lovers, the sheer rustic charm, the biodiversity, the proximity of the pong dam, and the local flora will be an eye opener, bring your camera along.
- For leisure seekers, walk along the streets of the village, take a boat ride on the Beas river, sit under a mango tree with your favourite beverage and book and enjoy the
serenity around you
- Take part in the local culture of the village-the food, the song, the dance, the stories and get a flavour of Garli.
- Enjoy a therapeutic massage of your joints using a oil infused with herbs. Local villagers, trained by an acharya will provide an invigorating massage of your joints.
- Local Barbers will be happy to give you a head massage, or body massage, depending upon your inclination.
A Photographers Delight
- At an altitude of 500 meters, surrounded by hills on 3 sides, and the Beas on the fourth, Garli has some breath-taking scenery.
Its fertile environs give rise to a wide range of flora, trees, and with it a variety of insects, butterflies and amphibians, once a
thriving epicentre of education, health and commerce replete with, grand mansions, Garli fell into hard times, but bears testimony of
a time that once was.